- Job ID: 213707
- 47 Views
- May 2, 2017
- Toronto, ON
- per hour
- Full time
The position of Senior Consulting Arborist or Consulting Arborist involves working as a leading member of our Ontario consulting team to conduct various advanced tree consulting projects in cities within the greater Toronto area to clients in numerous markets. Key responsibilities of the Consultant will include providing objective and independent arboricultural expert opinion using technical knowledge, industry experience and standard best practices with effective communication with the client and authorities through verbal consultation, plan development and report writing. The Consultant will hold a high degree of responsibility for completing individual consulting projects end-to-end with scope of work including but not limited to: advanced tree risk assessments, arborist reports, ecological preservation, tree protections plans, urban forest management plans, community outreach, training/presentations, construction related urban forestry consulting, landscape/tree appraisals, court testimony, expert opinion and all other advanced urban forestry consulting projects.
- College/University education in forestry, urban forestry, arboriculture or related field.
- ISA Certification mandatory. Municipal Specialist considered an asset.
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) mandatory.
- BCMA, ASCA, RPF designations considered an asset.
- 10 years’ experience in a consulting role preferred.
- Working knowledge of region tree protection bylaws and permit process.
- Experience with arborist reports and tree protection plans.
- Advanced knowledge of tree morphology.
- The familiarity with GIS applications and drafting such as AutoCAD is an asset.
- Understanding of site construction plans is required.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and in rugged terrain.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical and problem-solving situations.
- Improvement identification driven and innovative.
- Results oriented, superior organizational skills and business aptitude.
- Responsible and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Clean driving record and ability to travel if required.