- Job ID: 23161
- 785 Views
- May 26, 2016
- Fort McMurray (Kearl Lake), AB
Building Construction : Concrete and Masonry, General-Other: Construction-Skilled Trades
Installation-Maintenance-Repair : Facilities Management-Maintenance
Manufacturing-Production : General-Other: Production-Operations, Operations-Plant Management, Production-Operations Planning
The Quality Inspector both reports to and takes direction from the QA/QC Supervisor. The primary responsibility of the Quality Inspector is to inspect construction of buildings and related systems to ensure compliance with applicable building codes, contract documents and specifications.
- Provides mentorship to junior team members
- Participates in professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Optimizes processes to achieve results with a focus on continuous improvement
- Works collaboratively with others to meet company objectives
- Builds formal and informal relationships inside and outside the organization
- Observes work in progress to assure conformance with requirements and acceptable workmanship
- Carry out material inspection prior to release for installation
- Witness Hydro Static Testing and Bolt ups
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with client specifications, applicable industry codes and the approved Inspection and Test Plan
- Monitor Closure Welds to ensure it is done in accordance with client specification
- Complete visual inspection of completed welds
- NDE Coordination with NDE subcontractor
- Review drawings/material data sheets/ material test reports
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
- CWB Level II Inspection Ticket
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration and certified by the International Code Council (ICC/ICBO).
The QA/QC Inspector will demonstrate some or all of the following DNA characteristics:
- Initiative: a solutions provider, someone whom is motivated, resourceful, creative and displays ingenuity.
- Problem Solver: someone that is willing solve problems themselves and will make decisions within their scope, and trust their own judgment staying within the core values of our organization.
- Innovative: someone who is original and creative in thinking, displays ingenuity, is visionary and provides additional value to the client and the company.
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, forward thinking, motivated and engaged.
- Flexibility: being able to adapt to change and increase effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work.
- Communication: someone who is a proficient listener and can communicate what they are thinking, presents clear expectations and conducts themselves professionally to co-workers and clients
- Trust: someone that extends trust and in return is trusted by key stakeholders.
- Accountability: someone that accepts responsibility for their own decisions and meets expectations.
- 10/10 schedule
- Camp and flight allowances are provided